As a Pet Food Processing Line Supplier, share with you. The processing of dog
food mainly refers to the use of various means and methods to shape multiple raw
materials or a single raw material, so as to maximize the improvement of pet
nutrition, palatability and digestion and absorption, so as to maximize the
potential nutritional value and The process of using value.
Pet Food Processing Line
Dog Food Machinery's processing range is very wide, including pet snack foods, snacks, tooth sticks, bone formation, bone compression, nutrients (liquid), concentrated dog food powder, dry food, wet food, semi-dry food, canned food, etc. In order to maximize the nutritional functionality, different types of raw materials are processed to different degrees.
The processing of puffed dog food is basically divided into three categories: the physical method, chemical method, and microbiological method. The physical method mainly refers to squeezing, heating, crushing, and bonding of raw materials; the chemical method is to modify starch, degrade protein, etc .; The microbiological law refers to the fermentation of certain raw materials. Here is a brief introduction to the puffing process in the physical method:
First of all, let ’s understand the concept of puffing during the processing of dog food. Puffing is a food processing method. It puts the processed food into an airtight container. After heating and pressurizing, the pressure is suddenly reduced. The moisture in the food vaporizes and expands. Many small holes appear in the food, become crunchy and become puffed food. The basic principle is to make the raw material suddenly decompress under the condition of heating and pressurizing to expand it.
Puffing technology as a new type of food processing technology, started in 1910, the application of pet food in the United States in the 1950s, the earliest from the United States began to use the extrusion principle to produce pet food, that is, using the inside of the puffing machine The screw and screw sleeve are heated and pressurized by squeezing the raw materials, and the high-temperature and high-pressure food is extruded from the die, and the volume is rapidly expanded due to the sudden pressure reduction.
The main purpose of the manufacturing method of dog food using puffing technology is:
1. Improve the palatability of pet food;
2. Change or improve the nutritional value of pet food;
3. Improve the digestion and absorption rate of food by pets;
4. Change the shape and structure of pet food to make it easy for pets to eat;
5. Change the content of different nutritional indicators of pet food, such as: reduce the water content to improve the shelf life of the food produced, which is conducive to storage;
6. Change the bulk density of food, squeeze granulation and briquette to increase the bulk density of food;
7. Kill various harmful substances such as mold, salmonella, etc., and improve the safety and hygiene of pet food;
Our company also has Food Extruder for Sale, please contact us.